Sunday, October 20, 2013

Thou Anointest My Head with Oil




"Thou anointest my head with oil..."  A verse in Psalms 23.  It denotes that God pours a blessing out for me.  I'm holding out for that.  Because three weeks into recovery from my bike crash, I am desperate for it.  
What do you do when the efforts you are making in a direction get thwarted by accidents, tragedies or diseases?  Do you decide that God is closing all doors and you should close up shop?  Or do you decide that Satan is trying to stop a good thing and you keep going?  How does one proceed in life?  I believe you place all these issues and  more in God's hands.  How must Joseph have felt when he had dreams and visions?  And then he must have thought, "Wow, my Father gave me a beautiful coat of many colors - so I am favored of him.." - only for Joseph to be sold into slavery by his own brothers.  But Joseph prospers again, ONLY to be thrown into prison on a false charge.  He stayed upright in all his ways.  He was even highly-esteemed in prison, and helped to get others released - only for his good deeds to be FORGOTTEN.  How lonely he must have felt?  How he must have asked God, "Where are you?  Why have you left me all alone?  Do you even see what I am going through?"  And then, in the appointed time - God POURED out blessing after blessing.  I have to say that my accident has put me in a bad place.  I experienced a blunt trauma, slight head injury (sure thanking God that is was slight!), some broken ribs and broken thumb (which doesn't seem like much, until you try to do ANYTHING with your writing hand.  That's fun! haha).  My osteo doctor asked how I injured myself.  I told him I was training for a FUNDraiser - haha.  I figure now I am in the red by $--,---.--.  Okay, well, that didn't work out too well! haha  But, how do I respond to this?  I have thanked God that my injuries were not worse.  I have had a few panic attacks due to medication and a too-tight cast. haha  I have ASKED God, "Why?"  And I am asking Him now to anoint my head with oil.  Because now, more than I felt in a long time, I am more cognizant than ever - that I NEED Him to bless my efforts.  Like the worship song says, "You're the BREATH in my lungs... our hearts will cry and these bones will sing."  I am certainly relating to this song right now.  I need HIM to anoint my head - to give me the blessing that I need to be His hands and feet.  Everything else in life is so small in the scheme of life.

 So, will you pray with me and for our team?  We need God's anointing for our trip to Kenya, Africa July 2014.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment