Saturday, December 22, 2012

Team Board Member: Robbie Santis

As we are building our team, I will be introducing some of those who will be on our Mission team, as well as our Board of Directors for Mission: Hope. Here is an intro to our first Board member, Robbie Santis! Robbie is a graduate of Palm Beach Atlantic College, with his degree in Missions! He has traveled extensively all over the world teaching, tutoring, event planning, doing outreach, and worship.  His travels have taken him to Sweden, China, Germany, Czech Republic, Switzerland, France, England, The Netherlands, and Italy. I'm so blessed that Robbie is on our team and will be most likely leading the first group on their first mission with Mission: Hope.
A short bio of Robbie's journey: "Born and raised in Stuart, FL, I had the blessing to be raised by a Christian family that raised me in the way that I should go; from Christian school, Awanas, church, and always there was an environment of love in the home.  I always was a sweet kid and I was always a good kid, but it wasn't until I was 18 when I needed to have faith for the first time.  I remember that sin, depression, emptiness, thoughts of suicide, loneliness, and just an overall attitude of apathy had it's rule in my life.  I remember that God had started to pull away all the things that I found comfort in - in order that I would finally call out to Him and seek His voice.  I remember calling out to Jesus and remembering my need for Jesus, and I asked Him to save me from my turmoil.  He opened my eyes and He provided! He has lead me since then to step into roles of leadership, mentoring, and support in ministry. Life is not perfect and I am still prone to fail, but I know that He is wanting to use me for His purpose, so I am to trust and obey in however He leads, because it is the only way to freedom and the only way to build the kingdom, and fulfill what I was designed to do!"

No comments:

Post a Comment